If you are among those people who own classic cars then you probably enjoy driving your automobile and could happily spend hours in the garage working on it in addition to appreciating its excellent engineering and design. Your classic car would be almost like a family member that you completely cherish and are very concerned about. Therefore, it is no wonder that when it comes to shipping your classic car from one place to another, you will consider it quite seriously. The first and most important step is to look for a reliable and highly experienced car shipping company for transporting your classic car safely from one location to another.
Ship A Car Inc. is the best auto shipping company that has transported hundreds of classic cars for more than a decade now. They are fans of classic cars and so understand how worried you might be while transporting your precious classic car. However, they ensure the most reliable, affordable, and worry-free nationwide shipping with a team of experienced transport professionals who offer seamless service from the initial quote till the delivery of your precious vehicle at the destination. Click on https://www.shipacarinc.com/tips-for-shipping-classic-cars/ to know the tips for the safe relocation of your classic vehicle.
Tips on how to ship your classic car
Check the company’s reliability
It is important to learn as much as you can about the shipping company that will be transporting your car as you want a business with the necessary tools, expertise, and years of experience in the field. Research well and visit their website to check if the company is reliable and genuine.
Choose enclosed carrier
The safest way to ship your classic car is in single enclosed carriers as this way it will not be exposed to the elements like rain, snow, dust, mud, small stones, and even glass. Although it is an expensive option, it is also the quickest method of moving the car because the driver won’t have to stop somewhere to drop off other cars. The option of multi-vehicle enclosed carriers is also recommended for shipping several classic cars.
Understanding the insurance coverage
- Find out what is and is not covered by the auto transport company’s insurance coverage in case of an accident.
- Get all of your queries answered.
- Ask the carrier business for a copy of their insurance coverage before loading your vehicle.
- Get a customized policy if you feel the current one does not have adequate insurance to pay for any damage to your valuable car.
Inspecting the car before transportation
- Get your car properly inspected before having it transported.
- Check the vehicle for any problems, like faulty brakes.
- Ensure the coolant and oil are present.
- Empty the fuel before taking the car to the port.
- Get a documented report of the condition of your classic vehicle.
- Describe the current state, including any dents, scratches, or missing pieces before signing the document.
The documentation is important as you can hold the transporter responsible if the car is returned with any problems that weren’t included in the condition report. Shipping your classic car from one location to another needs extra caution and safety. A reliable and trustworthy auto transport company will take care of your precious car and give you peace of mind.